Friday, May 31, 2013

The Law of Detachment


Friday's law from the Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga reminds to let go of our need to control outcomes, our attachment to our desires, and – perhaps most difficult – our need to control other people.

Here are a few affirmations you can repeat in order to practice this beautiful principle:
  • I consciously commit to flexibility and detachment.
  • I allow myself and those around me the freedom to be themselves, without imposing rigid ideas of right and wrong.
  • I live my life in a state of engaged detachment.
  • I release the need to judge or criticize.
  • I express myself honestly while releasing any need to impose my beliefs on other people.
  • Whenever I notice that I am becoming emotionally attached to a point of view, I take a deep breath and come back to a more centered place.
  • I embrace detachment by choosing to be free from the good and bad opinions of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment